As well as fully supporting the demands of the existing UCL occupation of the Jeremy Bentham Room, the staff and students of the Slade School of Fine Art demand the following from UCL:
- A statement from the UCL provost condemning the cuts to arts and humanities courses and stating the intrinsic value of these courses within higher education.
- A statement from the UCL provost guaranteeing the protection of the Slade’s courses as they are. This means preserving the current staff to student ratio, protecting facilities and space and continuing funding for visiting lecturers.
- A statement from the UCL provost guaranteeing the survival and continued funding of all other humanities courses within UCL.
- Free access in and out of the building 24 hours for all students, peers and speakers for the duration of the occupation.
- Ensure no victimisation or repercussions for anyone participating in the occupation.